Glass Fusing Workshop by artist Jill Bagnall
23rd October 2021 –
Fabulous fused glass workshop by artist Jill Bagnall.
Make a curvaceous, free standing glass artwork, approximately 38cms wide by 15 cms high and 5cms deep.
- All materials, equipment & kiln firing included.
- Suitable for beginners – no experience necessary.
- Booking essential (only 6 places available)
- Workshop tutor – Jill Bagnall of Fusing Ideas Glass
#CreativityUnleashed; the perfect way to relax & unwind.
Create a unique, flexuous, free-standing artwork in gorgeous fused glass. The finished size is approximately 15cms tall by 38cms long by 5cms deep so this is a substantial piece which will look fabulous in your home. Or make the perfect gift for someone special.
We will introduce you to kiln-forming and the skills required to create a beautiful & unique work of art. Everything you need is supplied, plus plenty of guidance and advice to create your design; no previous experience is necessary.
This workshop is suitable for complete beginners, we teach you how and supply everything you will need.
Your workshop tutor is Jill Bagnall, designer/maker at Fusing Ideas Glass. Jill has been teaching glass for several years and has hundreds of delighted students in Shropshire and beyond – in fact, as far afield as Jerusalem. Many come back again and again and take further fusing workshops with us.
Workshop is about 4½ hours and includes a break for lunch/refreshment.
Lunch is not included in the price.
Also note that, currently, refreshments are not available at Artshack, so please bring your own.
After an introduction to safety, tools & equipment, you will learn about the glass you will be using and how it behaves in the kiln. Jill will teach you how to handle, cut and nibble sheet glass safely & introduce design ideas & techniques.
Then, using clear and coloured sheet glass and ‘accessory glass’, you will create your unique design, so feel free to bring pictures for inspiration.
For ‘more ideas visit ‘Inspiration for students’ board on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.co.uk/fusingideas/inspiration-for-students/
After you’ve gone, your fabulous work will be taken back to the studio to be fused and then ‘slumped’ (shaped). This can take up to two weeks.
We will arrange to deliver back to a central location (or you can collect from the Fusing Ideas Studio if it’s more convenient).
Alternatively, they can be posted to you; P&P is at cost – £5.00 .
What to Wear Etc
- Wear closed shoes – no sandals or open toes!
- Wear comfortable clothing; trousers/jeans (no turn-ups) and preferably not tucked into boots.
- All materials and equipment, including safety equipment, will be supplied.
- Minimum age unaccompanied is 16. Minimum age accompanied is 12.
- A steady hand is required, however, contact us before you book if you think this may be a problem for you.
- Keep your workspace and the ‘studio’ tidy; for safety & comfort of all participants.
- We will follow government guidelines, which means Jill will probably teach wearing a face shield.
- All equipment is individual and is sanitised.
- For everyone’s protection, please wear a face mask when you come.
- Observe other rules as explained on the day.
Please note our Cancellation Policy
A small administration fee, 5%, applies to all cancellations, this is included below:
- Cancellations up to 4 weeks before the course 95% refund.
- Cancellations up to 1 week before the course 55% refund.
- Cancellations within the last week, no refund.
If your course is cancelled by us due to unforeseen circumstances you will be offered an alternative date, or a full, 100%, refund.
Glass can be dangerous!
Whilst Fusing Ideas Glass is insured for Public Liability and makes every effort to provide a safe environment, this agreement is a standard condition of working in the studio:
- Acknowledge that there are dangers inherent in working with glass and with the tools required and that working or participating in learning with Fusing Ideas
- Glass involves risks that may cause personal injury.
- Undertake to comply with all instructions and advice from Fusing Ideas Glass while working with glass.
- Assume full responsibility for the risk of personal injury, death and property damage (other than that caused by the negligence of Fusing Ideas Glass) inherent in the use of equipment, tools and materials provided by Fusing Ideas Glass.
Tickets for this event are sold out.